Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Success!

8/3/10 3pm

Just a short entry as I'm headed out to get some stainless still ware (tiffins and such) in a few minutes.

I had some souvenir-buying success yesterday at Dilli Haat, the wonderful craft market I hope to have time to return to before going back to Philadelphia. I had been searching high and low for some perfect gifts and found some! But in the interest of having things be a surprise, I am not going to reveal my purchases.

I'm starting to receive emails from SOTF about plans for the upcoming year. I'm so immersed in India that it's strange to read them and think about what the next school year will bring, but I guess it's high time I make some mental notes considering I'll be home in less than two weeks and starting PD shortly thereafter. Although I love being here in India, I have really been missing my home school, my team of educators, and my learners. From the emails, I know that some big changes are ahead, and I am excited about what I can learn from it all. Notice I didn't say I was excited about the changes- because I don't know enough at this point, and there always seem to be pros and cons of every change. Working in Philadelphia you kind of learn quickly to weather the changes and hope for the best... and I think aspects of next year are sort of going to be like that. But like I said, it's too early to tell.

But the big news (for someone like me who gets very anxious about air travel and making connecting flights) is that I have rebooked my return trip so that I can fly directly from Frankfurt to Philadelphia, bypassing Dulles. This means I only have one connection to make instead of two, and the one layover is nice and long so even if my flight out of Delhi gets a bit delayed (as it might, considering they just opened a new international terminal that is fraught with snags) I will have nothing to worry about. I'll only get home an hour earlier but the convenience and peace of mind is worth the extra fees!

Off to get some tiffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment