Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DONE shopping!

8/11/10 4pm

There's not a whole lot to report from New Delhi. It's not like things are boring, or that I'm not busy- I guess it's just that I am exhausted from this whirlwind of a month. If I were more alert, I could think about writing a long philosophical entry about everything I learned on this trip, but I haven't figured all of that out yet, so I think I'll procrastinate on that entry. Besides, we haven't left India yet- so that means there are still things to learn!

Anyway, my presentations are over and now there are just a few things left on the agenda. One of them WAS finishing my shopping. I went to Sarojini Nagar Market again and bought a cheapo duffel bag plus some more scarves and a couple tops and about 80 million bangles. I'm glad to have gotten that last shopping trip out of the way. I was into the shopping for a while, but I've actually gotten kind of sick of it. After a while everything starts to look the same, and I start to feel overwhelmed. I like that everything in India is so inexpensive, but that makes it all too tempting to get stuff you wouldn't ordinarily get because "who knows when I'll be here again!" So, I hope I didn't err too much in that direction.

Another item on today's agenda is a celebration. Today is Christopher's birthday, so we are going to celebrate that tonight in place of our last weekly meeting. I'm very much looking forward to some good times!!! Who knows what the night will bring?

Tomorrow is my last day teaching at KV No. 2 and I am sad about it because the experience has been so wonderful through and through. I have gotten really attached to the teachers there and they have really taken me under their wings and treated me like family. And I love the students- they are so sweet, affectionate, and curious. My Philadelphia learners will always be #1 in my heart, but these KV kids are a close second! After school tomorrow they are hosting a small party for me with samosas, chai, and sweets. I will also speak at morning assembly so I can formally thank the school for having me and teaching me so much. I am so thankful for having been given this opportunity- it is going to be really difficult to put my gratitude into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment