Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a whirlwind!

7/25/10- 3:30pm

I'll write more later and post it on Tuesday when I get back from the Taj Mahal- but- last night Beth and I went to an Indian night club. In the email I just wrote to Jason I described it as "a hoot" but I don't think that does it justice. I had a really great time!

Today, some solo sightseeing in an auto rickshaw: a couple higher-end craft emporiums (finally found something my dad and brother will like) plus the Lotus Temple (Baha'i) and the ISKCON Temple (Hare Krishnas). I would really like to go back to the Hare Krishna temple because I've heard they have a delicious restaurant there, and considering I used to visit the Philly temple on a weekly basis it's something I would love to do.

In a little while I'm gonna go check out Jama Masjid (a mosque... I guess I am hitting every faith today) and head in early for the night to wash some clothes, pack, and rest up for our excursion. We leave at 6:30am tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment